HealthDrive provides on-site dentistry, optometry, podiatry and audiology to residents in long-term care facilities. Connecting patients who want supreme quality care in these specialty areas with doctors who excel in their field is our primary goal.
Proper dental care and denture maintenance is essential to maintaining good nutrition and overall well-being. Many studies now suggest that poor oral health is related to serious heart conditions and diabetes. In addition, studies are finding possible links to Rheumatoid Arthritis, Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease. The on-site dental care, which HealthDrive provides, is critical to ensure quality of life and overall health.
Dental services include:
- Examinations and cleanings, as indicated
- Examinations for oral cancer and other diseases
- Routine extractions
- Denture fabrication, relining, repair, and engraving
The ability to see is undeniably important to communicate well, enjoy a good book or movie, and interact with the environment. Many diseases common to the senior population, such as glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy, can cause blindness. If diagnosed early, these diseases can be properly managed to prevent visual impairment. The optometry services provided by HealthDrive effectively test and treat these conditions to promote long-term eye health and the independence that healthy vision provides.
Optometry services include:
- Glaucoma and overall eye health testing
- Vision testing using trial lenses especially adapted for the elderly
- Eyeglass fabrication, repair, and engraving
- Low-vision aids for the partially sighted
Healthy feet enable you to walk and stay active. According to many experts, including the Centers for Disease Control, nearly 25% of nursing home residents have diabetes. If diabetic patients do not receive quality podiatric care, a range of preventable but serious medical conditions could develop. Comprehensive clinical podiatric care, like the kind provided by HealthDrive, is essential to the well-being of facility residents.
Podiatry services include:
- Comprehensive evaluations and regular nail and foot care
- Wound care management with close follow-up
- Custom molded inserts and shoes
Listening is the first communication skill developed and remains an essential faculty for sensing the world around us. High-quality, custom-fit hearing aids can significantly improve the quality of social interactions of someone with profound hearing loss. HealthDrive audiologists provide comprehensive diagnostic assessments to ensure each resident hears well.
Audiology services include:
- Examination of the ear and canal with removal of wax
- Comprehensive evaluations and testing of hearing
- A variety of devices to support hearing, including hearing aids and other devices